- We will only collect and process the minimum amount of your personal data for the purpose that we need it
- We will only use your personal data to provide our services to you and to improve on those services
- The service we provide means we do need to share/disclose your personal data to other companies that assist us
- We keep your personal data secure
- We only keep your personal data for a limited period of time
- You can keep in control of your personal data through the various rights you have
- We are happy to speak to you about what we do with your personal data
Data protection contact
Shortlister acts as a data controller for data collected via this website. If you wish to contact us regarding your data privacy you can do so by emailing email@example.com
Personal data collected
We collect the following data from you when you submit one of our contact forms:
- Company name
- Full name (first and last name)
- Telephone number (if provided)
We may also collect the following information for the purposes of technical support:
- Your IP address
What we use your personal data for
We process your data only for the purpose of sending you information about our product. Our legal basis for sending you marketing communications is Article 6(a) of GDPR – consent. We will only ever ask you to opt-in to marketing.
Recipients of the personal data
In order to send out our email marketing, we use several outside services. We may share your information with these companies.
|Company||Information shared||Purpose||Data location|
Security & transfers outside of the UK & EU
When we send and receive data, we always use encrypted network transmissions. All of our systems are secured by strong passwords, and data is only available to authorised users.
Where we transfer information to companies in the US, we are doing so in accordance with the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
Retention of information
We will keep your information for no longer than 18 months after the last time we contact you.
When we log data about your use of our website using your IP address, we only keep that data for seven days in case we need it to provide you technical support.
You have various rights over how your data is processed:
- You can withdraw any consent you have given for processing
- You can ask for access to the personal data we keep about you
- You can ask to update inaccurate personal data we hold about you
- You can ask to delete your personal data
- You can ask to restrict the processing of your personal data, for example if you are contesting the accuracy of it
- You can object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes and for analytical purposes
How to make a complaint to the ICO
If you are dissatisfied with the way we have been processing your personal data or have not dealt with one of your rights correctly when you have asked us to you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO has several ways in which you can get in touch with them, including post, email, and online forms.
Automated decision making including profiling
We do not undertake any automated decision-making, including profiling.